Fundraising Page

Click HERE to contribute to my fundraising account!

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Starting Team in Training

Hey everyone!

Welcome to my Team In Training blog.

I know that you might have heard me after I ran the ING half marathon last year. "I'm never going to run that far, EVER AGAIN."

Well, things have changed.

Six months of Bootcamp later and I feel like I'm finally up to the challenge. As I was thinking about possibly tackling another half marathon, I started to think about The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) Team In Training. Why not do two things at once, train for a race and raise money to help individuals battling blood cancers. In addition to supporting a worthy cause, Team in Training will provide me with the support of a team during my training and my race.

I will be running in the Nike Women's Full and Half Marathon (I'll be doing the half). The race is in San Fransico on October 19th. All of us on Team In Training are raising funds to help stop leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma from taking more lives. I am running in honor of all individuals who are battling blood cancers. These people are the real heroes on our team, and we need your support to cross the ultimate finish line - a cure!

Please make a donation to support my participation in Team In Training and help advance LLS's mission. For those of you living in the Bay area, I'd love your support the day of the race as well. I've heard that it is a great party. I've even heard rumors of a chocolate mile (courtesy of Ghirardelli).

I hope you will visit my blog often. Be sure to check back frequently. I'll post pictures as soon as possible and keep everyone updated with my progress.

If you have any questions, or if you are interested in joining Team in Training, feel free to send me an email.

Thanks for your support!

No comments: